14. How to Apply for Postgraduate Studies? - Online Session (2021 October 1)

 


The session consisted of a discussion (1 hour + 45 min) and a Q&A session (1 hour + 15 min). It was based on my two years of experience for applying higher studies and what I got to know from my lecturers, friends and seniors.

Link of Recording for Discussion:

https://entuedu-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/sama0025_e_ntu_edu_sg/Efty7XBCraBKjSdwoMojJTcBwFfTVUQGIy2nVa0JCbF4yQ?e=o1WaTe

Link of Recording for Q&A Session:

https://entuedu-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/sama0025_e_ntu_edu_sg/EeZHPp9uAgZKqZrb8KVAKx4BfiXHm84dqc_SzKGy_i9GxQ?e=JcAaF8


Some other resources (links & useful Facebook groups) I mentioned during the session:

Links

Facebook Groups

  • කැනඩාවට එන්නට මග SLtoCanada
  • Graduate Studies Help - Sri Lanka
  • Postgraduate study opportunities for Sri Lankans - Computer Science

Hope to conduct a similar type of session in the future!

Wishing you all the very best in your journey!

Comments

Thank you very much for this interesting and valuable session.
MalHansi said…
You are welcome & thank you for the feedback Pavithra!
Hi,

Thank you so much for your session. If possible can you advice to me on below?

I am 35 years old and holding an MBA from Anglia Ruskin University UK (2013). I have completed my first Degree from University of Delhi - India. I have total 10 years of working experience in Business Development Field and presently working in a Reputed Telecommunication Company.
I’m planning to migrate to Canada with my wife Next Year. Since I already have an MBA, can I apply as a student for PGD or Doctorate?
My wife is 32 years old and having a Higher Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism Management from Singapore (2015). Before COVID Pandemic, she was working in a Reputed Airline company and has 07 years of total working experience in Aviation Industry.
1. What would be the best option to migrate to Canada? Should I apply as a student or her?
2. Do I have a chance to apply for PNP or Express Entry?
3. What would be the best province to apply?
4. What are the best universities for PGD or for a Degree?